Friday, July 14, 2017

The Long Trek Home

July 8, 2017

    Saturday morning started out really fun and easy. We woke up slowly and headed down for breakfast with my family before hitting up the pool. Let me just say that my kids were probably more excited about going to the pool than they were about the baseball game that we were down there for! They had so much fun splashing and "swimming" even though none of them can swim yet >>I know, they need lessons stat!<<. The boys are tall enough now to jump in on the 3 foot end so they had a ton of fun jumping in hundreds of times!


Burbank

Burbank


Burbank

Burbank

Burbank

Burbank

Burbank

Burbank

Burbank

Burbank

    We finally made our first EVER trip to IKEA! Oh boy, it was huge and crowded and we were only in there for two things but gosh...I am definitely going back when there's more money in the budget for a house project! They have everything you could ever imagine! In my head I redecorated every room in our house as we walked through. The babes were troopers through that whole ordeal but the ice cream//cinnamon roll line was WAY too long so we snatched a thing of cookies as we checked out and oh my oh my they were tasty. A well deserved little treat for everyone!

Burbank

Burbank

    Before we got back on the road we needed to eat lunch because at this point it was already after 2 pm. We were all hot, tired, and hungry. We stopped at the perfect outdoor mall downtown and had chipotle. We treated the kids to Ben and Jerry's to cool them off before we made the three hour drive home.
Burbank

Burbank

Burbank

   I must say, a three hour drive is not bad unless you're REAL tired....we only made it home alive because I pounded cookies like it was my job to stay awake. Everyone else was passed out COLD until someone woke Sawyer up very very very prematurely....then the crying kept me awake. Phew! We're glad we went, we're glad we're home, and we're glad to have some new memories to tuck away.

No comments :

Post a Comment