Thursday, August 10, 2017

Baker Family Adventures: Mini Horse Ranch and A Picnic

August 8, 2017

    I had big plans for our summer. I was so excited to have all five of my babes home to explore and adventure and make some really sweet memories. I was not prepared for the emotional postpartum hormonal shift I ended up experiencing a month into summer. I feel a little robbed, honestly, and I'm definitely starting to come out of it so with just a couple of weeks left of summer here we are on a new little adventure. I decided to take the kids out to Quicksilver Mini Horse Ranch in Santa Ynez to see all of the adorable little mini horses. The kids LOVED it! I loved it! It's so fun experiencing new things with them. We have been there a few times before but it had been awhile so it was kind of like a new discovery for them.

    After we got our tiny horse fix we headed up the road to one of our favorite parks. The kids were so excited when we pulled up because I hadn't told them where we were headed. I'm pretty sure at least three of them yelled "AW YES!!! THIS IS MY FAVORITE PARK EVER!!". We unpacked our lunch and ate together at a little picnic table in the shade and then headed out to the playground for lots of running around and swinging on all the different swings. We had so much fun and it was so fun to hear their excitement about our day when Kaleb got home from work that night.

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure
This picture cracks me up. Sawy boy wasn't mad...he makes that face to be funny. He does it a lot and people think he's grumpy. Just a fake grump...most of the time.

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure
Oliver caught a butterfly and a lizard in a matter of five minutes and he was SO PROUD. His butterfly is in that bottle here.

Santa Ynez Adventure

Santa Ynez Adventure

No comments :

Post a Comment