Thursday, September 3, 2015

Kindergarten

 Oliver, 
Gosh you looked so grown up on your first day of school. You were so beyond excited! You absolutely loved getting up that morning and getting all of your stuff together and couldn't wait to get there to play. You seemed a little nervous, especially when your teacher said hi to you but she was very very good at making you feel welcomed and comfortable. 



 As soon as the whistles blew and they called everyone to line up you perked up and ran right over to be first in line. I was very proud of how well you listened to your teacher's instructions and seemed to naturally grow up to fill your role as an elementary student. We talked a lot about listening, obeying, and treating others with love and respect before hand and I pray God works those things into your tiny little heart. 

After your whole class gathered their backpacks and filed into the classroom to find their seats I had to peek in and see how you were doing. You found your desk right away and immediately opened up your new reading books. One thing your preschool teacher told us last year was how much you loved sitting in her reading corner to thumb through all the books. I'm so excited for you to learn how to read this year because I know you'll enjoy it so much more. 

After school I walked up with Auntie Kylie, Uncle Lorin, Auntie Tinney, and your sister and brothers to pick you up. You were all smiles and told us you had a really good day. You said your favorite thing that day was playing on the playground and you couldn't fall asleep at nap time because the teacher had an audio storing playing that was about a pirate. You loved it. Not long after we got home you asked when you could go back to school and squealed with excitement when I told you that you would be going back the next morning. I hope you always love school. I'm so proud of you! I love you always and I pray that God teaches you so much about Himself through this new season of your life. I pray that you will depend on Him and seek Him in all that you do. You will always and forever be my baby boy.

No comments :

Post a Comment