Saturday, September 5, 2015

Our New Season

It's still hard to believe that Oliver is old enough to be going to school. I'm not going to lie I do miss seeing him during the day but the routine that the school year has brought to our day has been so great for us! I never realized until now that I really thrive off of having a fairly structured schedule. I get so much more done because I'm forced to have everything in pretty decent order to get all five of us out the door and to school by a certain time. Here's a break down of our day:

6:30 am I wake up and get ready
7:15 or 7:30 am >>depending on if I shower or not<< 
I head downstairs to make breakfast for the kids
7:30-7:50 am Kids eat breakfast while I make Oliver's sandwich for lunch
7:50- 8 am the boys get themselves dressed while I dress the babies
by 8:15 am we head out the door for school.
Once we're there we all walk Oliver to class which we LOVE.
8:30 am we head home so I can clean up the kitchen while the kids play.
9 am til 11 am is our free time. We do whatever we feel like that day.
Sometimes we run errands, sometimes we head to the park, sometimes we go to Papa's house, 
it just depends on the day. 
11am we eat lunch!
11:30 am NAP TIME!!!
During nap time I usually do things around the house like laundry, cleaning, etc.
If most of those things are done I'll relax, watch tv, or blog. It's a good recharge for me.
2pm-2:30pm The kids wake up and we get ready to go get Oliver from school.
Sometimes I make a Starbucks run on the way if we have enough time.
3 pm We pick up Oliver and my sister >>they go to the same school<< and give her a ride home.
Some days we spend some time at Papa's house, some days we go to the park, and some days
we head straight home. So far this week he hasn't had any homework so that's been nice!
5:30 pm Daddy gets home! He normally helps with dinner and/or watching kids while I make dinner.
6:00 pm Some nights I'm heading out for work at this time. On my nights off we have family time.
8 pm Kaleb puts the kids to bed while I clean up the kitchen and get as much of Oliver's lunch and snack bag packed as I can. I pick out and lay everyone's clothes out for the next morning. This makes the next morning run so much smoother!
9 pm I lay down and fall asleep pretty quickly because I'm so tired.
11pm On nights that I work this is normally the time I get off which makes 6:30 am the next morning
feel sooooo much earlier. Thank goodness for coffee.

At the end of week one this is our routine! I'm sure it'll change throughout the year but for now we're loving it minus the being pretty tired part. Nap times are a must. My kids are pretty whiney and tired by lunch, especially poor Sawyer. He's used to being able to sleep in until 9 or 9:30 in the morning so getting out of bed at 7:45 is kicking his booty. I know we'll all get adjusted soon but for now it's early naps and bedtimes.

No comments :

Post a Comment