Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Picnic In The Sunshine

We had made plans to walk to the park after dinner but Oliver requested that we pack dinner up and have a picnic instead. So we packed up a picnic dinner and headed out. The weather was perfect for a stroll and we were so glad Oliver suggested that we eat outside. It was so warm and peaceful.

Sawyer could not get over the one hundred birds that were perched around our table waiting for the kids to toss some spare food over. Birdies are one of his favorite things and he even said "birdie" for the first time while we were sitting there eating.










I carried Harper on my back while we walked which is one of my favorite things. We get to chat and she wraps her little arms around my neck and gives me little kisses telling me she loves me. The boys run and adventure around us looking for cool sticks and souvenirs.

On our walk out of the park we noticed a little bit of smoke rising right behind the spot we took our family picture. The smoke got much more intense and quickly started to grow. We started hearing sirens after a few minutes and decided to venture back to where we had just been sitting to see if we could see what was burning. The boys got super excited as we ran to check out the scene. It turned out to be a pretty crazy fire and thankfully no one was hurt!

It was a fun little family adventure. We love these warm summer evenings! We savor every free evening we get because there are many nights where I'm running off to work before we even finish dinner. I love being home to kiss them each goodnight!

No comments :

Post a Comment