Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A Week In The Mountains

The day we left started at three in the morning. We had to get up and shower to hit the road by four to drive three hours to the airport. Once we got there we had an hour <ish> before our flight took off. Kaleb napped and I grumped about nothing to eat in our terminal <sorry, the hanger is real>.

Our flight from California to Colorado was amazing. It was clear skies the entire way and the views were breathtaking. I hadn't been to Colorado in quite a few years and we really only visited the Denver area so I had no idea what I was in for when heading up into the mountains.

We landed in Denver and Kaleb had already planned out where we'd eat lunch and that he wanted to take me to an amazing mall to do a little shopping. One thing I noticed right away about Colorado was just how much prettier the sky was there. It seemed so much bluer than it is here in California and the clouds were amazing.

Before our three hour drive out of Denver and into the mountains we stopped at Whole Foods to stock up on snacks and grab a little dinner to enjoy on the drive. I fell in love with that store right then and there. The closest one to us is a thirty minute drive and it's not as big and beautiful and this one was. I got an almond milk latte and a delicious salad from their cafe.

Once we got up to Buena Vista where we were going to be staying for the week we got to walk down to the Arkansas River which was right by our little house. It was so pretty! The sound and smell of the rushing water was so relaxing.

We had a coffee shop four doors down from our house which I took full advantage of!

We went on a little hike and tried to soak in every inch of the amazing view of the mountains around us, the river, the clouds. It was all so breathtaking.

This was our little blue house with a cute little font porch and those mountains back there were our view for the entire week. I don't think that could ever get old or boring.

We drove to a town about fourty minutes away called Salida for dinner and some thrifting. The thrift store there were so good. Kaleb spoiled me with a vintage all leather Coach purse and a beautiful turquoise ring. 

Now that we're home I love being able to look down and remember little bits and pieces of our trip together to make me smile. 

We really enjoyed the slow life pace that this tiny town had to offer. Our life back home is so crazy and busy so this time we had together was so incredibly refreshing!

It was fun to feel like we were dating again. Taking the time to talk about life, goals, loving each other, and everything in between.

I love you more almost nine years later.

I love traveling, hanging out in airports, and it's even better with this guy. We had fun and Kaleb even got to cuddle with a borderline crazy woman who was singing "Puff the Magic Dragon" on our flight from Vegas to LA. That was pretty entertaining.

This boy greeted us at the airport and I got to cuddle him for over three hours in the car on our drive home. I've never been away from any of my kids for that long and while it was refreshing and much needed, I was very happy to be home.

No comments :

Post a Comment